Weekly Practice Schedule 12-13
Weekly Schedule for 2012-2013 Season
Week 14: February 11 through February 17
- Monday, 11: Relay practice and State Prep. Practice at 3:15. Pasta dinner for relay teams and state skiers.
- Tuesday, 12: Depart for State and Relays after school. Staying at Jarv’s Cabin.
- Wednesday, 13: State Relays at 1:00pm and 2:00pm. State skiers preview course.
- Thursday, 14: State Meet! Home Late.
- Friday, 15: Home – sleep – unpack at home. Equipment turn-in next Thursday.
- Saturday, 16: Citizen Ski – the Woodland Loppet!! We NEED help!! 8:00am to 12(noon)
Week 13: February 4 through February 10
- Monday, 4: Skate day at Woodlands! All practices start at 3:15. Section skiers MUST have classic skis clean of kick wax today!!!
- Tuesday, 5: No middle school practice. Early practice for JV and Varsity. Team meeting for section team after in Coach K’s room. Pasta dinner at Elmquist’s for EVERYONE!!
- Wednesday, 6: Normal practice for JV/middle school at 3:15. Warm-Up, starts and race prep for section team early. Waxing at Hickman’s for Sections!
- Thursday, 7: Varsity Section Meet at Theodore Wirth Park. Varsity and alternates attending, more info to come. No practice.
- Friday, 8: Recovery Ski for section skiers, race prep for JV/Jr. High. Practice starts at 3:15 with middle school. Wax room open to wax for Saturday’s race.
- Saturday, 9: JV/Jr. High Championships at Lakeville! Bus loads at 7:00am!
Week 12: January 28 through February 3
- Monday, 28: JV Conference Championships at Wirth – Leave school early! Race Schedule on main page. Skate first, classic after. Varsity – practice at Wirth, wax skis when you get home. Varsity is skating.
- Tuesday, 29: Pasta dinner at Vrchota’s! Last race prep – at Woodland. Recovery day at Woodland for JV. Skate.
- Wednesday, 30: Varsity Conference Meet at Elm Creek. Varsity and alternates attending, more info on main page.
- Thursday, 31: No Practice – Varsity Conference Team – Meeting in Coach K’s Room.
- Friday, 1: Last prep day at Wirth – bus to Wirth – On snow – Classic. Everyone has practice. Middle School at Woodland.
- Saturday, 2: At Woodland. Easy ski, 10:00am, Skate. Technique focus. Time – 10:00am
Week 11: January 21 through January 27
- Monday, 21: 8:00am CORE – stay warm!! 5:30pm – Pasta Dinner at Nordahl’s!
- Tuesday, 22: JV 90 mins at Elm if possible, Varsity 2 hrs continuous ski (at Wirth if possible). Wax Room open 9-10:30am.
- Wednesday, 23: 5km Skate Race at Elm Creek, out at the same time as last week. Pursuit style start.
- Thursday, 24: On snow – Classic
- Friday, 25: Last BIG day – bus to Wirth – On snow – Classic(VAR), JV, Technique for Monday.
- Saturday, 26: 12:00 (Noon) at Woodland. Easy ski, recovery. Technique focus.
Week 10: January 14 through January 20
- Monday, 14: Skate skiing – at the golf course(normal practice times!)
- Tuesday, 15: Classic Skiing – Thanks to the Varty Family!!
- Wednesday, 16: Still skiing – classic – we are a VERY lucky team!
- Thursday, 17: Classic Race at Elm Creek
- Friday, 18: On your own – Details to follow.
- Saturday, 19: Practice and ABC relay at Wirth – we’ll be forming a few teams this week and setting up the practice. Bus load at 10:35. Boys race: 1:00, Girls race: 2:30.
Week 9: January 7 through January 13
- Monday, 7: Skate Ski – Long, technique, tag offs for some and starts
- Tuesday, 8: Skate Race – at Eagle Lake?? 5km skate or 2×2.5km relay
- Wednesday, 9: Mesabi technique or Skate – for everyone! Practice starts at 3:15 on Wednesday’s.
- Thursday, 10: Mesabi technique or skate ski.
- Friday, 11: Mesabi bus leaves at 2:40, ski on your own for others.
- Saturday, 12: Mesabi Invite, all day!! We’ll update you with results. Ski on your own for those in ER.
Week 8: December 31 through January 6
- Monday, 31: Recover – don’t stay up too late!
- Tuesday, 1: Happy New Year!!!
- Wednesday, 2: Classic – for everyone! Practice starts at 3:15 on Wednesday’s.
- Thursday, 3: Classic Race at Woodland – 7km and 5km races.
- Friday, 4: Back to skating at Woodland.
- Saturday, 5: 7:00am Core at high school. Skiing at Woodland afterward.
Week 7: December 24 through December 30
- Monday, 24: Off day – have some time with your family!
- Tuesday, 25: Enjoy some time with your family – take them out for a ski if you get the chance.
- Wednesday, 26: Pack for the Winter Trip - don’t forget to check the packing list!
- Thursday, 27: 6:00am load time – SKIING!!
- Friday, 28: Skiing, skiing and more skiing!
- Saturday, 29: Race day on the Winter Trip.
- Sunday, 30: WT Day 4: Skiing at Wolverine and then traveling home.
Week 6: December 17 through December 23
- Monday, 17: SKIING!! Yes, we’ll be back at Woodland Trails today, thankfully! Skating in prep for tomorrow’s race.
- Tuesday, 18: Meet day, finally! Location will be announced as soon as we know the condition of the trails better.
- Wednesday, 19: Classic – for everyone! Practice starts at 3:15 on Wednesday’s.
- Thursday, 20: Continued classic.
- Friday, 21: Even more classic, YEAH!
- Saturday, 22: Skinny Santa Solstice Race – we’ll need your help!! 8-12:30.
Week 5: December 10 through December 16
- Monday, 10: SKIING!! Yes, have your boots, poles and skis ready to go – we’ll be on skis on Monday at Woodland trails! We’ll be back to the school around 5:00. Wax room will be open until 6:00pm.
- Tuesday, 11: No Meet!! We’ll be working hard though at Woodland – still skiing, on real snow!
- Wednesday, 12: SKIING!! Yes, have your boots, poles and skis ready to go – we’ll be on skis at Woodland trails! Wax room will be open until 6:00pm if needed. Wednesday practice starts at 3:15 again! No practice if you skied Saturday and Sunday.
- Thursday, 13: Skiing – tough day for veterans.
- Friday, 14: Long ski day. Thank goodness for snow!
- Saturday, 15: 7:00am Core at high school. Skiing at Woodland afterward.
Week 4: December 3 through December 9
- Monday, 3: Pole Hiking at Hillside Park, back to the school around 5:00. Wax room will be open until 5:30pm.
- Tuesday, 4: Wheels if possible, technique drills, intensity – bring a helmet if you are on wheels. You’ll also need tennis shoes.
- Wednesday, 5: Practice start time: with Middle School Group. Technique work and small group workouts. Group 2 on wheels. Wax room will be open until 6:00pm if needed.
- Thursday, 6: Hill Work – Bounding and Ski Specific Strength.
- Friday, 7: Long roller ski/drills/games. Have you filled out your training log?
- Saturday, 8: 7:00am Core at high school. Distance workout on own afterward. Wax room will be open until 9:30am if needed
Week 3: November 26 through December 2
- Monday, 26: Pole Hiking at Hillside Park, back to the school around 5:00.
- Tuesday, 27: Wheels if possible, technique drills, intensity – bring a helmet if you are on wheels. You’ll also need tennis shoes. Hand out equipment.
- Wednesday, 28: Practice start time: with Middle School Group. Technique work and small group workouts. On wheels if possible. Varsity ski check and wax demo (at high school).
- Thursday, 29: Hill Work – Bounding and Ski Specific Strength. Veterans and new skier wax demo (at high school).
- Friday, 30: Recovery, stretching technique, “morning drills” and games. Have you filled out your training log?
- Saturday, 1: 7:00am Core at high school. Distance workout on own afterward.
Week 2: November 19 through November 25
- Monday, 19: Pole Hiking at Hillside! Don’t forget about the Pizza and Ski Waxing at Pioneer Midwest tonight! Head over after practice, coaches will be on hand also to help answer questions. Starting around 6.
- Tuesday, 20:Wheels! Technique drills, intensity – bring a helmet if you are on wheels. You’ll also need tennis shoes – all week!
- Wednesday, 21:AM Core Practice. Be at the school at 6:15, we’ll start by 6:25. Might be a nice morning to do breakfast after.
- Thursday, 22:Wild Turkey Wattle(Waddle): ? be at Woodland at 7:15 if you are helping, we?ll have you out of their by 9:30am. We still need some treat volunteers and timers and help marking the course.
- Friday, 23:If you do “Black Friday” – get some sleep after. No official practice – veterans, you will have a workout.
- Saturday, 24:Long roller ski with Coach Kallemeyn at Elm Creek – 9:00am. Bring tennis shoes also incase the trails are still slippery.
Week 1: November 12 through November 18
- Monday, 12: First day of practice – meet by the ski room at ERHS(athletic doors), bring clothes for outside including tennis shoes! Middle School Skiers, meet by door D, back side of school near the gyms.
- Tuesday, 13:Wheels if possible, technique drills, intensity – bring a helmet if you are on wheels. You’ll also need tennis shoes – all week!
- Wednesday, 14:Technique work, on wheels if possible.