Weekly Practice Schedule 13-14
Weekly Schedule for 2013-2014 Season
Week 4: December 2 through December 8
- Monday, 2: Pole Hiking at Hillside! Do you want a ski pass for Elm Creek – talk to Coach K – $25.
- Tuesday, 3: Big Day! Strength/hill day! Bring water and be ready! (Or Race Day???)
- Wednesday, 4: Rollerski/cardio. Equipment handout, don’t forget your $20 rental fee if you are renting skis.
- Thursday, 5: Interval day and technique.
- Friday, 6: Wax room open right after school. Ski practice will start at 3:15. At Woodlands, more skiing and easy technique.
- Saturday, 7: 7:00am Core AM at High School with skiing/cardio later. Wax room will be open until 10:00am if needed. 7:00am!
Week 3: November 25 through December 1
- Monday, 25: Pole Hiking at Hillside! Don’t forget about the Pizza and Ski Waxing at Pioneer Midwest tonight! Head over after practice, coaches will be on hand also to help answer questions. Starting around 6.
- Tuesday, 26: Big Day! Strength/hill day! Bring water and be ready!
- Wednesday, 27: AM Core Practice. Be at the school before 6am, we’ll start by 6:00am SHARP. Might be a nice morning to do breakfast after.
- Thursday, 28: Wild Turkey Wattle(Waddle): It is here!! Check your assigned job and be at Woodland at the time we need you. We’ll have you out of there by 10:00am. We still need lots of treat volunteers and timers…
- Friday, 29: If you do “Black Friday” – get some sleep after. No official practice – veterans, you will have a workout.
- Saturday, 30: Practice TBD.
Week 2: November 18 through November 24
- Monday, 18: 2 Hr Early Release – Practice starts at normal time. Meet down by the ski room – Distance Pole Hike Day. Bring water!
- Tuesday, 19: Wheels! Technique drills, intensity – bring a helmet if you are on wheels. You’ll also need tennis shoes – all week! We’ll be rotating through the equipment in groups.
- Wednesday, 20: Training logs, technique work, on wheels if possible. We’ll be rotating through the equipment in groups.
- Thursday, 21: Bounding and ski specific strength. Bring Water.
- Friday, 22: Cardio and trail work day. Bring work gloves!
- Saturday, 23: Distance rollerski or ski.
Week 1: November 11 through November 17
- Monday, 11: First day of practice – meet by the ski room at ERHS(athletic doors), bring clothes for outside including tennis shoes! Middle School Skiers, meet by door D, back side of school near the gyms.
- Tuesday, 12: Wheels if possible, technique drills, intensity for veteran varsity – bring a helmet if you are on wheels. You’ll also need tennis shoes – all week! We’ll be rotating through the equipment in groups.
- Wednesday, 13: Technique work, on wheels if possible. We’ll be rotating through the equipment in groups.
- Thursday, 14: Bounding and ski specific strength.
- Friday, 15: Recovery, core, stretching, and games/rollerski.
- Saturday, 16: Ski Swap at Dunwoody Institute (Mpls, sponsored by MYSL). Arrive early – 10:00am start time. Long Rollerski for varsity at Elm Creek or another park, or on snow at Trollhollow in Dresser, WI.
Week 0: November 4 through November 10
- Monday, 4: Parents/Team Meeting at 6:00 pm. We will have all the important season information that you want. The information is free, I wish we could say the same for the sport. Look for signs to the meeting room – Elk River High School, Zabee Theater.
- Tuesday, 5: Make sure you have all forms and fees turned into the office before the first day of practice.
- Wednesday, 6: All pre-season forms are online.
- Thursday, 7: Make sure you have all forms and fees turned into the office before the first day of practice.
- Friday, 8: No School. Think Snow! We start Monday!
- Saturday, 9: Ski Swap at Pioneer Midwest: 8:00am-4:00pm.