Information and Forms
- Here is the link to the google calendar. Google Calendar
Team Order Form
- Team clothing can be ordered here using the link. We will have sizes to try on at school. Team Clothing (posted 11/13/2018)
Race Warm Up
We talked about a good warm up before races and hard interval days at practice. We need to make sure our bodies are warmed up so we can perform at our best when we have to. Here are the two warm ups that we talked about.
15 minutes easy zone 1, same pace as your easy continuous ski
3 minutes zone 2, slightly faster than your normal pace
2 minutes zone 1,
3 minutes zone 3, this is slightly slower than your 5k race pace
2 minutes zone 1
The other warm up is
15 minutes zone 1
10 minutes alternating zone 3 for 30 seconds and zone 1 for 30 seconds. You do 10 total 30 second bursts at zone 3
Every person is different when it comes to warming up. Try both warm ups and see which one works best for you.
General Packet/Team Handout
- It contains most of the topics we covered at the parent’s meeting including: equipment, clothing, lettering standards, and practice times. Most information will remain the same from year to year but, it is updated yearly so every season you will have current information.
- Team Handout (Posted: 11/6/2017)
- The file is the flyer that we passed out at the meeting. It has the main ski swaps in the area. For a detailed list of all the ski swaps, check out this link
- Ski swaps
- Here are some great deals on skiing gear from our local shops!
- Gear West
- Pioneer Midwest, and also their trade in/trade up program, More Pioneer Midwest
- We will be heading to Camp Jorn again this year, Dec27-30. It is located in Northern Wisconsin not far from the UP border. We’ll be staying at a YMCA Camp and cooking our meals there. We’ll be skiing on the tremendous trails of Winter Park and some of the surrounding trails systems along with a long stop at the Birkie Trail on the return trip. It should be an awesome adventure and we invite the entire team to join us. This is some of the best time to train on snow and if it is possible for you to take advantage of the trip, you should do so. Forms and money are due Friday Dec 21st. We will update more info soon.
- The wax tips handout gives you the general information you need to wax your skis. It has a step-by-step guide and can act as a refresher sheet for those of you that remember or as an instructional sheet for those that need a little help. Coaches are available to help you wax and our wax room will be open many days during the season so you can get your waxing done. We will also be scheduling a wax clinic to be held during the first few weeks of the season. If you are looking for something more visual and THOROUGH, and you have a little time on your hands – check out the Swix School – all you wanted to know, and more, on waxing for every condition.
- Wax Tips: (Posted: 11/01/09)
Basic Ski Fit
- Finding the correct ski fit is a tricky business. When you are investing several hundred dollars in equipment you should expect to have equipment that fits properly for your skier. The attachment is just a basic guideline for use at ski swaps when maybe there isn’t a way to get the skis fit properly. If you go to any ski shop to buy a pair of skis though, expect the sales people to take some time fitting the skis and making sure that that pair is perfect for your skier. You can not expect to just walk in the door and five minutes later walk out with a pair of skis. It takes time to get it right and it is worth the time investment. Again, the below attachment is just a basic guideline that will give you a ballpark range for ski fit. Each pair of skis has a slightly different stiffness so check each pair!
- General Ski Fit, just to get an estimate: (Posted: 11/01/09)