Finally, I appologize for the delay! After some back and forth the banquet date is set for March 19th in the Elk River High School commons/cafeteria area from 5:30pm to about 7pm. This will be a potluck for all families. To divide up the food so that people don’t bring all desserts…
- Middle School – Beverages
- Freshman – Salads
- Sophomore – Bring appetizers
- Juniors – Main meal type foods
- Seniors – Bring desserts
We look forward to seeing you there! If you still have rollerskis from last summer – you need to bring them to the banquet. Even if you plan on renting a pair again and want to just keep them at home… Bring them in!! Also, if you missed the equipment check in please arrive 15min early to check in your equipment before the banquet.
Our very own Dan Janasz is athlete of the week! Check out this news article: CLICK HERE.
Monday JV Relays 2/09:
- Zimmerman dismissed at 1:50 picked up at 2:05pm
- Salk and Vandenberg dismissed at 2:00 Salk picked up at 2:15pm
- ERHS dismissed at normal time leave at 2:30pm
- RHS dismissed at normal time picked up at 2:45pm (have a plan for your skis ahead of time!)
4:00pm Girls Race, 4:30pm Boys Race – Relays of 4 x 2.5k or 2 x 5k of either technique
Leave for coaches relays. Athletes, make sure to print off and return the permission slip with $40. As a fun celebration, athletes should bring something for a potluck dinner on Wednesday night after racing. This is a fun event and there are always interesting foods! Don’t forget to pack a sleeping bag and pillow for Jarv’s cabin!
Tuesday 2/17: We will have our equipment and uniform return. If you rented skis from the school please make sure that you attend! We will put summer wax on the skis before getting them into storage. Please wash and bring your uniform on this day as well.
Great job to all of you that raced at Sections! A few accomplishments to note:
- Reece Hickman, Ali Manthey, Dan Janasz and Colin Webster qualified for state from Elk River
- Karl Gorecki qualified for state from Rogers
- Elk River boys got 4th and girls got 3rd out of 13 teams
- Rogers boys got 7th and girls got 9th out of 13 teams
- Cheresa Bouley got 22nd in classic and 35th overall
Friday 2/06: We will be skiing at Lake Orono again. Plan for skate skiing at 3:30pm but sections kids, please come early to clean the klister off your skis.
Sunday 2/08: We have the mandatory trail maintenance at noon at Woodland park. We will meet in the parking lot and then go onto the trails to work. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty, sturdy shoes/boots, and gloves that you can pick up branches/logs with.
Monday 2/09: JV RELAYS at Elm Creek Park. This will be anyone not going to state or coaches relays the day before state. Athletes will put together their team at practice on Friday or at the trail day on Sunday. They will either ski 4 x 2.5k or 2 x 5km race depending on which distance they want to do. Teams are encouraged to tastefully dress up and add some flair to their race suits so that their relay team matches.
The buses will leave from ERHS at 2:30pm and pick up at RHS at 2:45pm.
- 4:00pm Girls Race
- 4:30pm Boys Race
Tuesday 2/10 – Thursday 2/12: State and coaches relay athletes will leave directly after school to head up to Giants Ridge. Coaches relays are on Wednesday and the state athletes race Thursday! Permission slips will be brought to practice for coaches relays and need to be returned before you get in the vans! Cost will be $40 per person for food, entry fees and lodging.
Permission Slips can be found here: PERMISSION SLIP
- Boys 1: Bradley Beaver, Aaron Ley, Cory Warner, Brady Artwohl
- Boys 2: Nick Frey, Jacob Nardini, Noah Adams, Peyton Reibel
- Girls 1: Maggie Hohlen, Lydia Carr, Shannon White, Emma Crane
- Girls 2: Cheresa Bouley, Hannah Lee, Tori Morgan, Jenna Karls
- Alternates: Angie Hipsag, Taylor Nelson – boys TBD