Please RSVP to Laura C. with your numbers and what you are bringing. We need to make sure there is enough food and plates and silverware and such to feed all the skiers and families! If you don’t have Laura’s number, it is on the banquet form that you received or it is on the form linked below.
It is not formal attire but we do try to dress up a little as we are recognizing the accomplishments you have made through out the season. We’ll look forward to seeing you all looking dapper and we’ll make sure to take pictures of you all looking so good! If you have any questions, contact a captain or Coach K and they should be able to help you. But most importantly – please RSVP to Laura C. ASAP!! Are there enough letters for you? Enjoy the beautiful weekend weather!! We’ll see you Sunday at the ERHS commons. Door will open at 5:00, dinner will start at 5:30pm. Oh – it’s daylight savings time this weekend – clocks go forward one hour on Saturday evening – Don’t forget!!
The trail work day for today has been canceled…due to snow! It is a little ironic that now that we are finally getting snow…it is affecting are plans. Instead – get out and ski, this is probably one of your last chances to get out at Woodland and the trails are in great shape…until tomorrow that is. Take advantage and ski!!
We’ll plan another work day for some warmer weather when the snow is clear on a Saturday probably and then this summer some time! Thank you in advance for planning to come though. We’ll see you at the banquet next Sunday!
Wow!! A huge thank you to all involved in putting this on today! Groomers, Elks, Parents, Alumni – there is not way we could have put this on with out your tremendous help. For those of you not able to help, thank you for sending treats with or helping with thing before hand. With only three days notice/planning – it went of seamlessly!! Thank you!! Our first weekend of good skiing at Woodland and we were able to host a great race! I can’t stop smiling with how much fun and how well things went. Again – THANKS!! You are all such a huge part of the success with this. And – we will be hosting this one next year as well. Saturday before the Birkie next year – with snow of course…and if no snow, we’ll work around it like we did this year. What a great day! Also – we need to say a huge thanks to Diamond City Bread located in downtown Elk River. They donated all the bread for the event and it was a huge hit. Please support their business if you have a chance and also thank them for supporting us!! Okay – final totals are 58 skiers registered – 1 in the kids race (thanks for coming Andy!), 33 in the 20 km, 10 in the 10 km, 14 in the citizen.
- The Woodland Loppet is tomorrow!! We need helpers – skiers – we’ll need your help with set-up, course marking, registration, timing, course tear-down, results…everything!! We are putting this race on so WE need to do all the work for it. If you are able to bring some cookies, bars, apple or orange slices – please do so – let Coach K know tonight so that she has an idea of how much is coming and how much more she needs to do tonight.
- Senior and Coaches gifts: Captain Mary is collecting contributions for Senior and Coaches gifts…she’ll be sending home a reminder note if she hasn’t received your contribution.
- Banquet Info: The banquet is on Sunday, March 11th at 5:30 – doors open at 5:00. Captain Laura is sending notes out today about what to bring for each grade level and some extra info. Please RSVP to her so we know who is coming and how many will be there – family and siblings are always invited!! – We just need a count for amount of food and plates/cups/silverware. Thanks in advance for taking care of it right away.
- Video – If you have any pictures or video from the season that you think might be good for the video – get that to Coach K or Captain Mary asap! The Captains are doing the video this year and would like to finish up soon (this weekend) if possible.
- I’m sure we are forgetting some things but we’ll remember soon. Thanks in advance for your help tomorrow!! Hopefully we’ll have a good turnout!